Why should you choose hCG to lose weight?
It’s safe! A pregnant woman produces up to 1,000,000 IU of hCG PER DAY. The daily dose of hCG for weight loss is only 125 IU to 200 IU. Even at 200 IU per day, a person using hCG for weight loss is getting 5000 times LESS per day than a pregnant woman’s body produces.
More info at: www.innovativemedicine.org/weightloss.
What is hCG?
hCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin.
Chorionic signifies that it is produced by the placenta,
Gonadotropin refers to the sex gland connection.
HCG is produced when a woman is pregnant to insure the health of the baby and the mother. hCG tricks the body into releasing large amounts of fat to be used for energy for the mother.
How does hCG work?
“This method of weight reduction was developed by Dr. A T W Simeon and is based on the theory that there are three types of fat – necessary fat supporting the kidneys, cushioning the arteries etc, and the fat for fuel which is localized all over the body. The third type is surplus fat which accumulates in the typical areas and causes obesity. Fat deposits of this kind are relatively “fixed” and not easily available to the body as fuel. Hence the “starvation diet” method that attacks the easily available, necessary fat and the patient suffers fatigue, becomes haggard, skin begins to wrinkle and they lose fat from the wrong areas.” Dr. Simeon discovered that human chorionic gonadotrophin – hCG – attacks “fixed” fat first and injections of diluted hCG combined with a 500 calorie diet means that the patient loses the “right” fat without becoming fatigued, because the HCG triggers the movement of “fixed” fat enabling it to be burned off as fuel. This leaves the normal fat reserves not only unaffected but actually restored so that the patient has a fresh, healthy appearance.
Why the 500 calorie diet?
HCG causes your hypothalamus to mobilize the fat out of the fat storage locations so that it’s available for use. While you are only consuming 500 calories, your hypothalamus is continually releasing the fat stored in your body. Because of this, your body is actually operating on perhaps a couple of thousand calories per day. The result is your body burning a thousand or more calories each day. This is the reason hCG dieters lose so much fat.
Will I be hungry on 500 calories a day?
It is common to be hungry the first few days; however this will pass by the end of the first week. Those qualifying for appetite suppressants will get a pass on this.
You will find even very tiny servings, to be completely satisfying. This is partly due to your hypothalamus adjusting your metabolic rate, but largely due to the amount of calories circulating in your system from the fat being released. It is common that hCG dieters feel as though they are stuffing themselves in order to reach that 500 calorie limit.
What is the hypothalamus gland?
The hypothalamus gland moderates the thyroid, adrenals, fat storage, and more importantly, your metabolic rate.
How does hCG work with a Very Low Calorie Diet? Simply put, when a person restricts their calories to 500 per day along with daily doses of hCG, the hCG tricks the body into burning fat instead of muscle. Anytime a person goes on an extremely low calorie diet (without hCG) to lose weight the body does not release enough fat fast enough to provide energy due to the low calories. It is for this reason; crash diets normally don’t work and are extremely unhealthy. Instead of burning fat the body begins burning lean muscle tissue, and at some point can begin breaking down your organs. A Very Low Calorie Diet along with hCG has proven to work for over 50 years. The hCG causes the brain to send a signal to the body to begin breaking down the fat reserves for energy instead of breaking down muscle. This is not only healthier, but the weight loss is unbelievable.
Couldn’t I lose as much weight eating only 500 calories and not taking the hCG?
Maybe; one difference is what kind of weight you would lose. hCG targets “FAT” and “FAT ONLY” while starvation type diets target fat, plus muscle and in extreme dieting, your organs.
hCG also keeps metabolism higher which would account for more weight loss than a 500 calorie diet without hCG. Also, a VLCD without hCG would not reset your set point. So you would more likely just regain the weight. hCG resets your set point so you don’t quickly regain.
The HCG diet has proven to be the most effective weight loss treatment in existence. But there are some things for which you should mentally be prepared when you begin this program.
1. You will probably experience mild to moderate headaches due to withdrawal for the first few days. Plus, you may experience some stronger cravings temporarily. This will pass!
2. If you do not follow the guidelines exactly, it will cost you in weight loss. One severe cheat can cost you 3 days of weight loss.
3. Make up your mind before you begin that you are going to finish the program victoriously. It requires determination, but the reward is the fastest weight loss you will ever experience. When I started this program and the scale was showing incredible losses every day, I knew I could do this program–so can you!
4. There will be a few days where you will not lose anything; don’t be frustrated–this is normal.
5. Watch what you are eating; you might find patterns of foods that cause you not to lose, or to lose fantastically. To catch this you may want to have a food journal. A lot of people have problems loosing with tomatoes and oranges (but some people have no problems at all). Everybody is different so you need to monitor your own body and see what works (and doesn’t work) for you.
6. Avoid tanning if you burn, this can cause you to retain water.
7. Each time you stall, take your measurements; you have probably lost inches. There is a reason why it is called “Pound and Inches”.
Things to do before you start:
1. Take a “before” picture of yourself. Yes, it is humbling; but you will be glad you did later, when it is time for a side-by-side comparison of before and after.
2. Take your “before” measurements. Again, you will be happy that you did.
3. Read Dr. Simeons’ book, Pounds and Inches. Free to download off of our website.
4. Make sure you have a scale. If you step on it three times within a minute, it should give you exactly the same reading. A digital scale is the best, since it weighs in one-tenths of a pound.
6. Plan your program by deciding your schedule for Phases and rounds, considering holidays, vacations, and special events.
7. For menstruating women is recommendable to start right after your period or at least to have 10 days before the onset of the next period. Also it is recommendable to get the last shot at least three days before the onset of your period.
Samples of Recipes:
Down. Set. Chili!
100g ground steak
1/2 c water or homemade broth (click on link to get homemade recipe)
3-4 cloves minced garlic
Seasonings (to taste):
1/2 t onion powder
1/2 t oregano
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t black pepper
1/4 t cayenne
1/4 t basil
1/4 t thyme
Preheat pan over MED heat.
Add minced garlic and 1 T of the water/broth to pan.
Sauté 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Add more water/broth as necessary.
Increase heat to MED-HI.
Add ground steak and sauté until brown – about 5 minutes.
Add all seasonings and cook an additional 3 minutes. Continue to add more water/broth as necessary.
While that is cooking dice 1/2 of tomato and place other 1/2 in food processor or blender to puree.
Mix in tomatoes, puree, and rest of broth.
Turn heat down to MED-LO and simmer until it reaches desired consistency.
TIP: This can be prepared in advance and frozen.
Squeeze of lemon
1 Tbsp Vinegar
½ t Garlic Powder (or fresh)
¾ tsp Dried Mustard
Sugar Substitute (stevia)
Add all ingredients to a covered jar or container and shake to mix well
Label with the date if you are storing in the refrigerator
For more Recipes go to www.innovativemedicine.org/weightloss. Choose advanced option (a new window will open)