The hCG program
If you’d like to download this program in printable pdf format, click here.
- Before starting this diet, please read Dr. Simeons Protocol. (Go to http:// innovativemedicine.org/weightloss. Choose Advanced option (a new window will open) Then click on Pounds and Inches to find it)
- Find Recipes for hCG at http:// innovativemedicine.org/weightloss Choose Advanced option (a new window will open) Then click on hCG Recipes.
- Dr Simeons recommends a minimum of 21 shots to a maximum of 42 shots
The HCG is going to be provided ready in a subcutaneous syringe. Place syringes in the refrigerator. Take one syringe out of the refrigerator 10-15 min prior to application. HCG should be stable 2 to 3 days at room temperature but it is better if it keeps refrigerated at all time.
HCG diet has 4 steps; all of them need to be respected to make it work.
Day 1-2: (shot 1 and 2) Inject HCG. Eat as much fat as possible. This is a very important step, do not skip it! Try to use healthy fats like avocado, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, olive oil, bacon, butter, pork, nuts, etc. Whatever weight you gain during these two days will be lost in the next day or two. Start the shots on day 1.
Day 3-42: Weigh with empty bladder, and then inject HCG first thing in the morning. Start 500 calorie diet, see hCG diet below. Drink 3/4 to 1 gallon of fluid per day. Tip: try to keep the amount of fluid consistent every day. (1 gallon = 128 fl oz.)
Plateau: If your weight plateaus for 4 to 6 days you can do an apple day. Eat 1 large apple every time you feel the desire (max of 6 a day) and no other foods for the entire day. During an apple day, drink only plain water and only enough to satisfied your thirst. An Apple day will not help you go faster or to recover from cheating.
3 Days after last shot: This is very important. Continue the 500 calorie diet for 3 days without shots. There is still HCG circulating in your body. Eating anything other than the diet will cause weight gain. The weight achieved on the third day will become your new weight. Please make note of it.
If you are very hungry or you feel you need to eat more for the 72 hs after your last injection, you can
add more food from the list of hCG food. You can add an extra apple, more protein or / and vegetables. Keep checking your weight every morning during these three days. Try to stay as close as you can to the hCG diet
3 weeks of maintenance where you will be following our Transition Between hCG and Low carb diet. If your goal is to continue to loose weight, stay in phase 1 of our low car diet, until you are ready to resume hCG or you achieve your weight goal. Talk to your nutritionist and discuss your particular needs.
If you have reached your goal with hCG then please remember that you are not done. It is very important to maintain the weight achieved for 3 weeks after step 3 has been completed. Continue to weigh yourself daily. Your weight needs to stay within 2 pounds. After 3 weeks you will start our maintenance program. Talk to your nutritionist and discuss your particular needs.
Note: If you want to stick to Dr Simeons’ protocol 100% follow this rule. The day that you see more than 2 pounds gain, do a steak day.
Steak day: Skip breakfast and lunch, and drink plenty of water. For dinner, eat a huge steak with only one apple
or a raw tomato
If you completed 42 shots it is necessary to rest for six weeks to restart hCG treatment.
* Exercise: walk, swim, bicycle, yoga or other light activities. (No weights or heavy exercise). Please know you will
not have better progress on hCG by exercising intensively. The concept of burning more calories to lose weight
does not apply in this case. Light cardio is recommended.
*For menstruating women: Dr. Simeons does not recommend injections during the first few days of your period
(while is heavy). You must continue the 500 calories during your menses. The best time to start is right after a
menstrual period. Do not start unless you have a few days (7 to 10 days) before the onset of your period.
Slower progress (or no progress) during a period is normal.
You have 2 servings of protein (3.53 oz), 2 vegetables and 2 fruits each day. You can distribute them any way you want.
If you feel hungry in between meals, you can eat some of the protein serving from the next meal, be sure to deduct it from the next meal. You can also eat a small amount of vegetables.
You can save the fruit for between meals or after dinner snack. But DO NOT eat them at the same time. It can also be used for breakfast if needed but it is deducted from one of the meals. It can not be used for the next day. It is not necessary to eat everything listed for the day, but you cannot add the portion that you didn’t eat to the next day. We highly suggest you get both protein portions every day.
DO NOT MAKE UP CALORIES. Cauliflower, artichokes, mushrooms, turkey, artificial sweeteners like aspartame, are just a few of the things that would not seemingly interfere with the program but ABSOLUTELY do. They will STOP the weight loss altogether. Avoid high sodium products like pickles or canned vegetables.
What is in the Diet?
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar or cream and you may have only one tablespoon of milk in a 24 hour period. Stevia, Truvia, PureVia , Sweeten Me, Xylitol or Erythritol may be used.
2 servings of protein a day (in separate servings)
EACH PROTEIN SERVING: 100 gm (3.53 oz – Use a food scale):
Beef – 95% lean ground beef or sirloin steak
Crab, Shrimp, or lobster
White fish (see list on page 4)
*Weigh the meat raw and cut out all visible fat before cooking. Boil, or grill without adding fat (no oils). Use herbs,
lemon, sea salt, pepper, vinegar instead. *Considering purchasing a George Foreman grill. Meat needs to be
cooked without oils.
2 serving of vegetables a day (in separate servings)
EACH VEGETABLE SERVING:
- Beet greens
- Tomato (no cherries or grapes)
- Green Beans
- Tomato Paste Salsa – 2 tablespoons (no sugar no oils)
*Cooked (steamed, broil, grilled,etc.) or raw. Do NOT add dressing or oils.
2 serving of fruit a day (in separate servings)
EACH FRUIT SERVING:
- Medium apple
- ½ grapefruit
- handful of fresh strawberries
(fresh or frozen-no sugar added)
#Coconut oil – 1 teaspoon a day – can be used with any meal.
These two additions are included in the original protocol:
Use these two options occasionally as meat replacement (limit to 2 to 3 times a week)
- 100 gram of cottage cheese (non fat or low fat without added sugar)
- 1 whole egg plus 2-3 whites
*Extras: the juice of one lemon daily. Herbal teas, coffee, Fat free-sugar free broth (see recipe in our hCG recipe
book) Salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard power, garlic, sweet basil, etc, all seasonings are ok. Banana Peppers and
Jalapenos are ok too.
No butter, oil, or dressing. However, you can make your own fat free, sugar free dressing (i.e. Italian or honey
mustard (see our recipes).
Go to www.hcgperfectportions.com to purchase dressings approved for hCG. Some supermarkets carry Walden
Farm’s fat free Italian dressing that is ok for this diet as well and it tastes pretty good (made with sucralose)
- If you forget a shot, its ok, just continue the next day. DO NOT inject hCG later in the day if you forgot it in the morning (it is ok if it is just a couple of hours later). You do not want to forget shots very often though, once a week is ok. Also try not to miss a shot the first 7 to 10 days.
- Note: If you want to stick to Dr Simeons’ protocol 100% to follow this rule: Use only oil-free moisturizer, lotion or make up. Powder, lipstick, eyebrow pencil are allowed.
- While on hCG, medications and/or supplements that may upset your stomach should be taken with a small amount of food. You may need to wait until lunch to take supplements like multivitamins.
- If you don’t see weight loss in 2-3 days it may be due to water retention or you may need to have a bowel movement. If you haven’t had a bowel movement during this time, we suggest magnesium. (please see Supplements to help with weight loss document)
- If diarrhea or soft stools become a problem, reduce or eliminate raw vegetables. Choose cooked ones instead.
If for any reasons you need to interrupt the program, follow steps 3 and 4. Try not to interrupt the first 7 to 10
days of hCG shots. If the interruption is shorter than a week (7 days without shots), you resume shots and 500
calorie diet. If the interruption is longer than a week (more than 7 days) then you will need to engorge again. The
maximum amount of shot will still be 42, it doesn’t matter how many days it takes. It’s not the amount of days
that is important it is the amount of shots. For example, if there is an interruption at shot 12, when you start back
up that shot would be number 13.
The HCG is going to be provided ready in a subcutaneous syringe. Place syringes in the refrigerator. Take one
syringe out of the refrigerator 10-15 min prior to application. HCG should be stable 2 to 3 days at room
temperature but it is better if it keeps refrigerated at all time.
How to Give a Subcutaneous Injection
Select your injection site. This must be an area that has a layer of fat between the skin and the muscle. This is
called subcutaneous. The following parts of your body have subcutaneous layers: Top of thighs, Buttocks or
Abdomen, except the navel or waistline.
1. Do not use the same site for injections each time.
2. Rotate your injection sites in a regular pattern. You should be at least 1 ½ inches away from the last
injection site. Jot down on your calendar where you gave you last shot. This will help prevent giving the
shot in the same place too soon.
3. Select a site and cleanse the area (about 2 inches) with a fresh alcohol pad, or cotton ball soaked in
4. Wait for the site to dry.
5. Remove the needle cap.
6. Pinch a 2-inch fold of skin between your thumb and index finger.
7. Hold the syringe the way you would a pencil or dart. Insert the needle at a 45 to 90 degree angle to the
pinched-up skin. The needle should be completely covered by skin. If you do this quickly, you will feel
very little discomfort.
8. Slow push the plunger to inject the medication. Press the plunger all the way down.
9. Remove the needle from the skin and gently hold an alcohol pad on the injection site. Do not rub.
10. If there is bleeding, apply a bandage.
11. Immediately put the syringe and needle into the disposal container.