At Innovative Medicine, we’re proud to provide a wide range of different weight loss, addiction, pain and general wellness solutions to help patients in the Lafayette, Indiana area. One of our most reputable treatments is our approach to weight loss which is backed by science and medication instead of purely focused on exercise and cutting calories.
But what exactly is medical weight loss and what does it mean for the patient?
Problems With The Average Weight Loss Attempt
Most people that are seeking to lose weight will follow some form of diet that’s shown on television or explained in a magazine that they keep up with. Unfortunately, diets have been put into the spotlight as quick-fix solutions for general weight issues. This is often the first step that many people get wrong when attempting to lose weight because they assume that diets are short-term solutions for their weight loss. Unfortunately, diets are designed to be long-term lifestyle changes that you must keep up with for periods of several months or even years until you can start experiencing their benefits. In addition, diets often involve exercise and other activities to ensure their success.
Many diets also follow a strict calories-ins and calories-out model of eating. This means that every calorie needs to be counted and every bit of exercise you do must also be taken into consideration so that you can balance out your dietary needs with your caloric intake. This can be subject to inaccuracies because the amount you eat and the caloric value of foods can vary greatly. It’s also very stressful to keep track of your calories and it does nothing to help you stave off food cravings.
All of these problems will eventually compound and result in failed attempts at losing weight. This can eventually cause people to feel depressed or hopeless because they’re failing to lose weight regardless of what they read or what people tell them. In short, attempting to lose weight on your own is difficult because you’re not getting expert advice and there’s no one there to help you if you need assistance or if you want to ask a question.
Why Medical Weight Loss is Different
Unlike many weight loss attempts, medical weight loss focuses on the science behind weight loss and how it happens. Effective weight loss relies on an understanding of your body, how it functions and also your personal body and how it reacts to certain increases or decreases in nutrients. These are carried out by medical weight loss professionals instead of marketers like typical diets you’ll find on websites and in the media. It’s essentially a program designed to provide you with a number of different weight loss options that includes diet plans, medication if required and potentially even pre-packaged meal replacement plans depending on your approach.
There are a number of advantages of medical weight loss:
- It’s a complete program supervised and provided by your weight loss professional who is typically a doctor or medical specialist with years of experience in the field.
- You’re provided assistance at every stage of your program to ensure your wellbeing. This means that your body is regularly monitored to ensure that you’re experiencing healthy weight loss with no visible side effects
- Unlike a fad diet, medical weight loss is proven to work because it focuses on the science behind weight loss, why it happens and how it happens.
- Medical weight loss takes into consideration the mental wellbeing of a patient, something that is typically not explained or discussed when it comes to typical diets you see in the media or blog websites.
- Medical weight loss programs are the best way to lose weight but also maintain your weight loss because they’re focused on long-term results where you will receive consistent support throughout the entire program.
- Instead of a general diet plan that is offered to the masses, medical weight loss is a personalized option that is tailored towards your specific needs and goals. Whether you want to quickly lose weight in a short period of time or if you’re not in a hurry and would like a method that is less stress on your body, your specialist will customize the plan for your needs.
- Medical weight loss programs often give you more motivation to continue. Unlike fad diets that are often difficult to follow or provide little benefit, a medical weight loss program can provide very noticeable results.
As you can see, medical weight loss can be one of the most effective ways to burn fat and lose weight. It’s far better than fad diets which are very loosely based on scientific facts and with all the extra support you receive from medical professionals, you stand a much higher chance of losing weight.
If the idea of medical weight loss sounds appealing to you, then don’t hesitate to contact us at Innovative Medicine. We’re proud to provide our patients with a wide range of treatment options and a much higher rate of success for long-term weight loss. We take a holistic approach to weight loss that is grounded in science as opposed to superstition or fads that have a lower chance of showing long-term results.
What Does Medical Weight Loss Involve?
Medical weight loss can involve a number of different treatments and strategies, but there are three main options offered by Innovative Medicine.
- Low carb programs are based on the science behind how our bodies store fat and use energy from carbohydrates.
- HCG diet is based on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, a hormone that is produced by the female body during pregnancy.
- Innovative Protein involves high protein meal replacements and intensive counselling in order to achieve lean body mass and decrease fat.
These are the three main methods of weight loss that Innovative Medicine offers to patients. Below, we’ll go into more detail regarding each one to help you understand the benefits of each.
Low Carb Weight Loss
Our bodies are known to use carbohydrates as an energy source. However, carbohydrates also increase our insulin levels which means we store more fat in our bodies. By reducing our intake of carbohydrates, we effectively force our bodies into a state of ketosis which means that our bodies start to burn stored fat and protein for energy as opposed to just using the calories from carbs.
In addition, protein is the main nutrient that we consume for low carb weight loss which can provide a lot of additional benefits. For instance, protein uses up more of our calories to digest which means that our idle metabolic rate increases. It also encourages the creation of muscle mass from the lean protein we consume which ultimately helps to burn fat in a stable manner.
The advantages of a low carb diet include:
- You’ll feel satisfied for longer after eating
- Your blood sugar and insulin levels are more stable which results in a healthier body
- A drastic reduction in body fat
- A sustainable diet plan
- Potentially lowered blood pressure levels
An HCG diet revolves around the idea of three types of fat in our body; the fat that supports our kidney and arteries, the fat that is deposited around the body and stored as fuel and fixed body fats. Fixed body fats are known to be one of the causes of obesity; this type of fat cannot easily be removed even when exercising or through a low carb diet. Instead, fat which is designated as fuel will be removed but the fixed fat will often remain. The HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) hormone focuses on removing that extra level of fixed fat. This diet involved a daily injection of HCG in addition to consuming a low-calorie and low-carb diet.
The advantages of an HCG diet include:
- An increase in metabolic function to help you burn more weight while idle
- Improved hormone regulation
- An increase in energy
- A healthy reduction in weight that helps to remove excess fat from all over your body
- Fewer hunger cravings throughout the day which results in lower calorie intake
Innovative Protein is a program that consists of a high protein meal replacement and intensive counselling. It may also include prescription appetite suppressants depending on the results of the consultation that will take place before the program begins. High-protein diets are designed to improve your muscle mass, reduce caloric intake and also help you develop lean muscle. Since protein also requires your body to digest it, it can actually increase your metabolic rate as well.
The advantages of our Innovative Protein program include:
- Medical assistance throughout the entire program to assist you
- Drastic reduction in calories taken in each day
- Greater potential for weight loss than most other methods
- Improved muscular development due to protein intake
- Improved sleeping patterns
So if you’re interested in our medical weight loss solutions, don’t hesitate to contact us today and book a consultation appointment with one of our weight loss experts who can guide you on the best methods and programs that can fit your personal needs.